Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do we measure one’s friendship?

Today I question myself on the essence of friendship.

In this world where people come and go, in what way are we able to say that the people we met and build relationship with through time becomes a friend? In what extent of the relationship can are we able to say that we had found a true friend. And how do we define true friendship?

These are just a few questions in my mind that happened to twirl around my head just after I had read a message from a certain person.

Now I decided to go back to the basic, literally I started to search the meaning of “friend” in the worldwide web. I came across one definition which states: person known well to another and regarded with liking, affection, and loyalty; an intimate.

The definition pointed above reminds me on how vast friendship means. On how shallow and how deep we tend to develop friends around us.

On my personal side, I happen to consider a person my friend when we get along with together, it may not mean that we share all the same likes, but we in a way we do have common interest. I also consider my lover as my friend, as I share intimate relationship with him. After all they say, friendship is the foundation of a long lasting romantic relationship.

Friendship roots over time. It does not happen overnight. Along the way we find joy with the company of our friends, but certainly along the way arguments would test us on how we value one’s friendship.

It is just so sad when I see true friendship breaks. It is sad to think that it broke up because the other person is left with no other choice but to do it. I am not in the right position to judge the decision but I cannot seem to understand how one can decide, even in the deepest part of their friendship, to break it up. I cannot seem to understand his rational thinking on the matter. But I know it’s not too late for them to patch up their messed up friendship. I firmly believe that true bonds of friendship will not be broken in just a blink of an eye. I pray for them both that they will patch things up and still be the best of friends just like the old times.




“Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same” .--anonymous

No comments: